The Louis Appia Society was founded in March 2017.
Its purpose is to bring wider recognition of the personality and work of Louis Appia (1818-1898), co-founder of the International Red Cross, in commemoration of the two hundredth anniversary of his birth.
( Flyer: Main information about the Louis Appia Society , its activities, how to become a member and / or support its action)
The bicentennial commemorations took place:
- in Geneva, 2018 October 12 – 14
- in Hanau (Germany), 2018 November 3 – 6
- in Paris, 2018 November 7
Other commemorations will take place in Italy in 2019:
- in Solférino and Madonna della Scoperta, June 21 – 23
- in Torre Pellice, October 11 – 13
(See document: program of planned events for 2019)